Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content


When a Councillor resigns they have to submit their resignation in writing to the Parish Clerk.  A form is then completed and sent to Electoral Registrations.  Once they have confirmed that an election isn't to be held, the Clerk then advertises the vacancy. Residents can then apply and the co-option is then placed as an agenda item for a Parish Council meeting.  This is like a mini interview situation where the public are asked to leave the meeting and each candidate is asked a variety of questions individually.  Councillors then make a decisions as to who they would like to co-opt and a vote is taken.  Once a decision is made the meeting reopens to the public.